Hello,

I am a new sympy user and am trying to work out a derivation using IPython3
in a notebook.

I have an expression:
a_k = Sum(-q_i*z_i/k,(i,1,m)).

I want a_k.diff(z_i), however the Sum gets evaluated and I get m*(otherwise
correct stuff), and of course the sum goes away.

I thought that using Sum() instead of summation(), the expression would not
evaluate.  I guess .diff() causes the expression to evaluate? Is there a
way around this problem?

If it was this one expression I would just make temp = stuff_inside_sum and
.diff() that, but it is nested in yet another Sum().  Eg. phi =
Sum(a_k/x,(k,1,oo)).

Any help would be appreciated,
Thanks!