Hi all:

Is there no support for importing
MathML<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/sympy/mathml/sympy/PZGjMB-Vdog/7TDKG0wahLgJ>expressions
 into Sympy yet?

As the issue is still open, maybe someone knows a workaround for what I'm
trying to do. My web application renders some mathematical exercises, so as
the students are able to enter a solution and check if it's right or not.
I'm using sympy to manipulate expressions and calculate the result (can be
algebraic or arithmetic manipulations). My problem now is that if the
feature of importing MathML isn't available yet, I don't know how to
validate the results. Students enter the results in MathML, but it differs
slightly from the one Sympy produces (no mrows for example). Ideally I'd
also like to consider semantics, for example, if the soultion is 'x^2+x',
x+x^2 is also right.

There is mathdom <http://mathdom.sourceforge.net/>, but I haven't managed
to parse a mathML string yet...

Any ideas?