I have managed to implement a function to calculate rref of a matrix. It's
not using any particular reference, but it does seems to work.  Please have
a look[1]. I am now working on the final pieces of dense matrix, LU and QR
decompositions, inverse and determinant(relatively easy because of rref)
and a solve. I am also implement hessian and matrix derivatives.

A very rough outline of solve is this--

if we have some equations like--

a1x + b1y + c1z = d (1)
a2x + b2y + c2z = d (2)
a3x + b3y + c3z = d (3)

if ncol > nrow + 1, return underdetermined and return infinite solutions
checking with rowdiv, if (1), (2), (3) are complete multiples of each other
(both left hand side and right hand side), return infinite solutions
if (1), (2), (3)  are partial multiples(only left hand side), return no
solution.
else -- calculate rref and return solution.

The only concern is that rref is slower than older rref. The new profiles
can be found in [2]

I am not sure if I have missed something. I would request others to please
point the functions I missed right now.

[1] https://github.com/sympy/sympy/pull/2248
[2]
http://sympymatrix.blogspot.in/2013/07/profile-of-new-rref-function-and-some.htm