Yes, that's a good point. So we have to balance having pull requests
that aren't really pull requests, and filling up the pull request
page, and moving such things to issues, where we have to do a little
more work to see the old discussion.

That isn't to mention pull requests that aren't intended to be merged,
but are just work in progress or proof of concept. I personally like
having such things as pull requests because it makes it easy to see
and comment on the code. I would apply the same rule (whatever we
decide on) to them as well, that is, don't do anything to them unless
no work is being done on them.

Aaron Meurer