> That isn't to mention pull requests that aren't intended to be merged,
> but are just work in progress or proof of concept. I personally like
> having such things as pull requests because it makes it easy to see
> and comment on the code.

Closed pull request is a pull request too...  You can add
a new code to the branch, you can comment anything, you can
reference this pr, etc.

The main question of this thread - how to select active, waiting
for review pr's.  Closest solution for now is to use github's
sorting capabilities (e.g. "recently updated"), which is far from ideal.