I recently downloaded SymPy and was looking to contribute to the stats
module. I noticed a few things.

1) The Geometric and Poisson random variable types exist in the
drv_types.py file, and I'm able to use them in code, but they aren't
mentioned in the documentation (
http://docs.sympy.org/latest/modules/stats.html) as far as I can tell. I
would be willing to add these to the docs if they should be there.

2) The expected value calculation E() seems to take a long time for certain
types, like Binomial.  For example,
>>> X = Binomial("x", 10000, S.Half)
>>> E(X)

takes quite a while (over 10 seconds on my computer). Not sure if this is
some weird issue with my setup, or an inefficiency in the code. If it's an
inefficiency, we should think about providing built-in expected value
formulas for common types like Binomial (which has a very simple formula
that should return almost immediately even for large values).

3) There isn't a Negative Binomial (
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Negative_binomial_distribution) random
variable type. I've written code that implements it, I believe, if we want
to include it in SymPy.

Let me know your thoughts on any or all of these points!