On Fri, Jan 17, 2014 at 11:24 AM, F. B. <franz.bona...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Friday, January 17, 2014 1:51:22 AM UTC+1, Aaron Meurer wrote:
>>
>> it seems it is not true if p > 0.5.
>>

> No, this distribution is symmetric under { p ---> 1 - p, k ---> n - k }
> substitution, it has surely to converge for 0 <= p <= 1

The result is still correct. It doesn't mean that it diverges when
those conditions are false, only that it knows that it does when they
are true (i.e., they are not sharp conditions). The same is true when
integrate() returns a Piecewise.

We'll have to see if the conditions for this integral can be improved.
Any idea what the full convergence conditions should be?

Aaron Meurer