Sachith,

Hi, welcome. Thanks for getting in touch with us. There isn't really
much work going on with the Quantum Computing stuff right now, but
there is definitely a lot to work on. It would require a lot of
initiative on your part though to study the code and come up with good
ideas as to the next steps. I would start by looking through the code
and trying to understand how it works. Then I would start to build a
list of improvements that could be made and bring them to us. The open
pull requests that Aaron pointed to are also a great place to start.

Cheers,

Brian

On Fri, Jan 3, 2014 at 6:53 AM, Sachith Seneviratne
<sachith...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I am Sachith Seneviratne. I am currently a 2nd year undergraduate studying
> Computer Science and Engineering at University of Moratuwa, and I'm also a
> 4th year at the College of Chemical Sciences (where I've followed quite a
> few courses on quantum mechanics and the like). I'd like to contribute to
> SymPy through the GSoC this year. I completed a course on Quantum
> Computation (from UC Berkeley) on Coursera last year and found it really
> interesting, so I thought I'd try out for the quantum computing project.
> Where should I start?
>
> Thanks,
> Sachith

Brian E. Granger