Hello everyone.

This post is regarding the gsoc idea of implementing (or continuing ) the
work of Aaron Meurer and Chetna Gupta on implementation of Risch Algorithm
for symbolic integrations. I have gone through the PR mentioned on the
ideas page. It seems there has been good progress last summer.
I have fairly decent background in abstract algebra and universal algebra.
Though I haven't formally done anything related to Differential Algebra.

I wished to know the following things:

1. There are 3 remaining tasks mentioned in the PR. Would it be okay to
start on one of them ? (Most probably the one which asks to not hard code
the value of 'a' )

2. Has there been any progress other than that mentioned in that PR?

3. I have skimmed through the first chapter of Bronstein's book. Algebraic
Preliminaries. Nothing new there. But the second chapter introduces
algorithms which I have never implemented and some of them I had not even
heard of. I would be really glad if you could tell me what sort of
mathematical background is required to contribute efficiently to this part
of the project.

I would be really glad if you could link me to some literature on net which
explains the Risch algorithm and implementation issues. In the meanwhile
I'll try to procure the mentioned text from my college library.

Apart from Aaron Meurer and Chetna Gupta who else has worked on this part ?
It would be really nice if I knew more people familiar to this part of
sympy so that I wont have to bug Aaron with every little issue :).. I have
tried contacting Chetna but I guess she is not much active now.

Cheers
Anurag