Hi,

> > No, it is not written in lisp but in "spad". This is a
> > small language only used by the various Axiom projects.
> > And it is rather difficult to learn :-/
>
> Oh I must have been thinking of Maxima.

Well, below that SPAD layer, there is Lisp.

> > There are some holes in the algebraic branch there too.
> > But never the less its probably the most complete code
> > available.
>
> Oh sure, no one has a full implementation. But these corner cases are
> less likely to actually be used by someone.

I don't understand why nobody considers filling these holes.
AFAIK the math is completely developed although very complicated.

> The real problem is that the algorithms needed here are not really
> implemented in the polys module. And "copy and paste" from Axiom to
> the polys module would presumably be much harder than copy and paste
> to the risch module.

Right. The category & domain approach taken there is
very interesting both not easily portable to other
systems I think.

> > This is not true, in Fricas there are very interesting things
> > going on. In particular some new Risch extensions are implemented.
> > Search the mailing list for details.
>
> OK so Fricas is the better one then.

Well, depends on the meaning of "better". I compile and
use all three systems more or less regularly, but I spent
most time in Fricas.