> Apparently only for some of them: it does not solve
> ``x**5 - 5*x**4 + 30*x**3 - 50*x**2 + 55*x - 21 = 0``

Thanks. Yes, not all of them, Only equations of form x**5  + p*x**3 +
q*x**2 + r*x + s, no fourth order terms are solvable.
The implementation was added in
https://github.com/sympy/sympy/pull/1746. So, there is scope of
improvement. I wonder
how many of other methods of solving solvable quintics can be
implemented without a knowledge of abstract algebra.
Aaron Meurer can you guide me on this?

Harsh