The application period has opened. I've updaed the questions at
https://github.com/sympy/sympy/wiki/gsoc-2014-organization-application,
but I haven't changed the content yet. Feel free to edit that page
however you want (I will review all changes from the wiki history
before I submit).  Also, take a look at any of the supporting pages
linked to from the application, especially the ideas page and the
application template.

Aaron Meurer