On 05.03.2014 22:17, Avichal Dayal wrote:
Formal power series requires a sequence class.
However it is already implemented here:
https://github.com/goodok/sympy/tree/sequences/sympy/sequences
It is not merged yet.

No, it is only the prototype (model), experiment with some restrictions.

It not well embeded in the current sympy state (and have some structural reasons to be impossible).

As I understand, the current embeded multivariant versions of series (not pure formal power series, but rather series expansion) is based on the polys series_rings and developed by Pernici in

https://github.com/sympy/sympy/blob/master/sympy/polys/ring_series.py

> Can I use the same for my project or should I re-implement it?

Sure, but I must introduce about some problems of this direction.

1. It is only one variable formal power series.
2. It is combined with helper Sequences object (which is thing itself)

And thechnically:

3. As it was created long time ago the multidispatche constructions (and other things) may be depricated.

4. It is not well computable with the core/Mul.flatten and core/Add.flatten methods (as they not well destined).

5. __str__ representation is only for view to be convinient. __repr__ only for the object representation.

--
Alexey Gudchenko

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sympy/531781B1.3020709%40goodok.ru.