Going from functions to summations would be useful, though I'm not
sure if such a thing would be required or even useful for the series
module. The last time we discussed it, the conclusion was that we need
stronger summation algorithms, so that we have some hope of
simplifying the product or composition or inversion formulas.

Aaron Meurer

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sympy/CAKgW%3D6%2Bf0n3%3Dfyw_5PCJ-ahXowha8MQVLYCnW7GS5Z-0J5h7bw%40mail.gmail.com.