@Jo while I think the last of your concerns is valid, I would say that EBNF
is very popular in the field of theory of computation and programming
language principles. According to me, you would find more people who are
well versed in EBNF rather than knowing or wanting to learn modgrammar API.
Plus, since here I attempt to bring in standardization, we need to set some
structure, which means a dependence on some tool or the other (also, if you
remember, it was you who suggested to use modgrammar or some exsting PGF to
me when I was foolish enough to set out to write my own. Thanks for that)
But yes, coming to the point, I don't see any other way here. Also, as you
say a developer needs to learn either EBNF or modgrammar API, the liberty
for which I have already provided in the existing architecture. The
developer can either opt for EBNF or direct Python file as an input. I am
sorry but I don't understand the rest of your concerns.

Regards,
Aditya

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sympy/a0445edd-ecdd-47c9-a48d-ecb54165d681%40googlegroups.com.