@Jo I think your concern regarding maintenance overhead is true, but then
it is true for all the software systems. I still maintain that adding the
"extra" layer does add some serious benefit. And as for the maintenance, I
think that some serious problems would arise when there is an issue of
incompatible API (which you said is an exception not a rule). Plus as you
pointed out, we can always use a preferred version of modgrammar. So there
you have it. If we continue to do so, I don'y think there is any
maintenance overhead at all (since we don't change anything). Plus, as for
the bug part, I take full responsibility to make the code as bug free as
possible.

Regards,
Aditya

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sympy/b557e35a-1d3d-4c84-8f25-25e2336b311d%40googlegroups.com.