On Mon, Mar 17, 2014 at 1:09 AM, Nguyen Tung <iwonan...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've worked on the first issue you gave me:
>
> diophantine(x**3-4*x*y**2+y**3-1)
>
> I've found a bug in your classify_diop() that yields an error. In line
> 322, you put a '==' which should be '='. Bu

Yes that shoul be corrected. I guess it didn't come up as a bug because we
currently
don't implement solutions for Thue equations.

t even I fix that, the code gave me set([]) (which I assume no solution).

That's because solutions for Thue equations have not been implemented.
I think it will be better to raise an exception rather than returning the
empty
set.

> Then, I tried to solve the equation by hand and I came up with (1, 0) (0,
> 1) (-2, 1) (2, 1) (in the order of (x, y)). Now I have two que

stions:

> - Is my solution complete?

Well, I am not sure. We will have to confirm that by using an independent
source.
PARI currently solves Thue equations. You can have a look at it.
http://pari.math.u-bordeaux.fr/

- Why did you add x**2*y : 0 to the 'coeff' dictionary after after conclude
> diop_type = 'cubib thue' ?

That's because the term doesn't appear in the equation. If the algorithms
(when they get implemented)  need to know the coefficient of x**2*y they can
find it in the coeff dictionary.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sympy/CAPnoRopD_jV8_omva6t%3DzeOoC1oFSqA3DcJ4Rj2qXqOCmxgJbQ%40mail.gmail.com.