BTW, Peter, did that kane3 test pass on your machine?

Jason
moorepants.info
+01 530-601-9791

On Fri, Sep 26, 2014 at 11:27 AM, Jason Moore <moorepa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> It is certainly too slow to be a useful test. But that example should be
> available to run at least before any SymPy release. We have many unit tests
> in the mechanics package, but that example provides a minimal example that
> exercises almost all of the functionality in the Kane class. I'd personally
> like a suite of benchmark multibody dynamics problems with known results
> that we could run to exercise the mechanics package, with this example as
> one.
>
> But regardless, it is fine to skip it now because it obviously is not
> working and we haven't fixed that.
>

> Jason
> moorepants.info
> +01 530-601-9791
>
> On Fri, Sep 26, 2014 at 11:21 AM, James Crist <crist...@umn.edu> wrote:
>
>> The `test_kane3` test I think is not a good test in general. It's going
>> to run slow, and personally I've never had it complete (although my laptop
>> is slow). It's a fine example of the capabilities of our library, but as a
>> test - not so good. I doubt the rest of the mechanics team would agree with
>> me on removing it though, so perhaps a veryslow tag should be used?
>>
>> - Jim
>>

>> On Friday, September 26, 2014 10:13:33 AM UTC-5, Peter Brady wrote:
>>>
>>> Thanks to some recent PR's I was able to run the slow tests under
>>> py.test which supports a --durations flags.  Here are the slowest of the
>>> slow tests:
>>>
>>> ========================== slowest 15 test durations
>>> ===========================
>>> 6745.05s call     sympy/physics/mechanics/tests/test_kane3.py::
>>> test_bicycle
>>> 2083.29s call     sympy/solvers/tests/test_ode.py::test_1st_exact2
>>> 1522.66s call     sympy/integrals/tests/test_failing_integrals.py::test_
>>> issue_4540
>>> 1221.33s call     sympy/core/tests/test_wester.py::test_W25
>>> 1090.84s call     sympy/integrals/tests/test_failing_integrals.py::test_
>>> issue_4941
>>> 963.31s call     sympy/solvers/tests/test_solvers.py::test_issue_6528
>>> 437.72s call     sympy/integrals/tests/test_heurisch.py::test_pmint_
>>> WrightOmega
>>> 411.27s call     sympy/core/tests/test_wester.py::test_W24
>>> 138.77s call     sympy/polys/tests/test_groebnertools.py::test_
>>> benchmark_czichowski_buchberger
>>> 111.14s call     sympy/integrals/tests/test_failing_integrals.py::test_
>>> issue_4891
>>> 108.96s call     sympy/functions/elementary/tests/test_trigonometric.py
>>> ::test_tancot_rewrite_sqrt
>>> 90.53s call     sympy/stats/tests/test_finite_rv.py::
>>> test_binomial_symbolic
>>> 67.98s call     sympy/core/tests/test_wester.py::test_W6
>>> 62.59s call     sympy/simplify/tests/test_hyperexpand.py::test_
>>> prudnikov_3
>>> 48.68s call     sympy/simplify/tests/test_hyperexpand.py::test_

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sympy/CAP7f1AjrdBMsW8WMTT_qbLhUEDgG7MrXQO6gL1jy3Pj6eOVJaQ%40mail.gmail.com.