On Sat, Nov 22, 2014 at 12:24 PM, Aaron Meurer <asmeu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I still prefer having the release notes in the wiki. It makes it
> easier for people to change them (they don't have to fiddle with pull
> requests, and it's already hard enough to get people to update them).
> What are the benefits of having them in the main repo? Note that the
> wiki is under revision control (git clone
> g...@github.com:sympy/sympy.wiki.git).

I'm not up to date on the IPython workflow, but I think the advantage
of their system is that contributors can fill out the release notes as
part of their PRs, and maintainers can ask for this as part of review,
as in 'thanks for the feature X, would you mind writing a section for
the changelog in doc/source/whatsnew/pr'.  Obviously contributors
could also do that in the wiki, but that's another place and interface
for contributor and reviewer.

Matthew

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sympy/CAH6Pt5rJJbU485C4NJ7rJb-Jboy4tKe%2BxFgkx76ccoPa-4uFaw%40mail.gmail.com.