Hello,

Has work has been done on modular reduction of `RootOf` objects? (If not, I
would like to begin implementing this functionality!) What I mean is this:

import sympy
from sympy.abc import x
f = x**3 + 2*x + 1
a = sympy.RootOf(f,0)
b = a**3

Since $f(a) = 0$ by definition it would be nice to return

print b
-1 - 2*a

instead of

print b
a**3

so that expression swell could be curbed.

If this hasn't been implemented could anyone give suggestions on what tools
to keep in mind when overloading `RoofOf.__pow__()` and related operator
methods? (I'm proficient at Python and OOP but don't have much experience
with CAS design. Even if this sounds like a bad idea for Sympy I'd like to
try it out on my own `MyRootOf` class.

--
Chris

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sympy/20cd6c10-5249-460e-acb2-4766be05747f%40googlegroups.com.