On 24/11/14 19:45, Aaron Meurer wrote:
> Hmm, I think py2exe changes some behavior of the interpreter. I've
> seen some issues on StackOverflow in the past where it couldn't
> compile SymPy, for instance. In this case, it looks like it sets
> __doc__ on a method to be None instead of the docstring. This really
> looks like a but in py.exe or py2exe.

Is there anything special about the sympy/ directory from the windows
.exe installer?  CRLF endlines?  Anything else?  I ask b/c I took sympy/
from the source .tar.gz file not the .exe installer.

I'd like to debug a little further, then take up with the py.exe
maintainer, given that it works for Abhas Bhattacharya with py.exe (!)

thanks,
Colin

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sympy/54764FB8.6060401%40maths.ox.ac.uk.