Am 06.12.2014 um 17:03 schrieb Yuxiang Wang:
Hi Richard,

I do get your point that we don't have to make the same mistake with other
systems, but I do think there is a benefit for consistency, if they have a
purpose in doing that design. For most systems, sqrt() returns the
principal/positive square root, so there is only one unique value.

What's your list of "most" systems?
'cause numeric evaluation is quite different from symbolic math, and I suspect that those "most" systems are those that do numeric calculations - but that's just a hunch and I'd like to know for sure.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sympy/548398D8.8000804%40durchholz.org.