Am 06.03.2015 um 21:34 schrieb Aaron Meurer:
Here's the bottom end of such a stack trace:

   File "sets/fancysets.py", line 173, in <module>
     class Reals(with_metaclass(Singleton, Interval)):
   File "core/compatibility.py", line 181, in __new__
     return meta(name, bases, d)
   File "core/singleton.py", line 70, in __init__
     the_instance = ctor(cls)
   File "sets/fancysets.py", line 176, in __new__
     return Interval.__new__(cls, -S.Infinity, S.Infinity)
   File "sets/sets.py", line 744, in __new__
     if (end < start) == True:
   File "core/numbers.py", line 1005, in __lt__
     other = other.evalf()

I think ideally we should avoid calls like this being run at import
time.  To me, this indicates a design issue in the sets.

This is the class in question (lines 173 ff in sets/fancysets.py):

class Reals(with_metaclass(Singleton, Interval)):

    def __new__(cls):
        return Interval.__new__(cls, -S.Infinity, S.Infinity)

So it needs Interval and Infinity in its constructor.
If there's a design problem with that code, I guess it's a pervasive one.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sympy/54FA1AEA.2010209%40durchholz.org.