Jérôme,

I don't anything about the tensor stuff, others will have to comment.

As far as creating production numerical code is concerned, there are a lot
of tools available. We have a CSE algorithm that works really well and we
have code printers for a variety of languages in addition to code
generators and autowrappers for Python use. All of this is currently in
SymPy.

For example, the PyDy project uses these facilities to build production
speed code for complex multibody dynamic systems in classical mechanics
using all of these tools.

Jason
moorepants.info
+01 530-601-9791