Jo,

Please stop derailing the conversation and answer our questions. In
particular, answer Ondrej's question:

> So this should be our recommendation. Jason already agreed to the above.
Yo and others, do you also agree with the above?

You are so focused on finding minor counter arguments to minor details that
you are wasting all of our time and energy. The more you do this, the less
we like you.

We are trying to solve a problem and you are bogging that down. Very little
of what you have written, if anything at all, has helped us solve the
problem at hand. I'm not sure you can even state the problem because you
are so focused on defending the details of rebasing.

All I can gather is that you want us to encourage and promote rebasing
which is the exact opposite of this proposed guideline. All of us believe
that the overhead of rebasing is too high. We are willing to give up the
minor benefits of a superbly clean git log to ensure that we have minimal
overhead for contributions. Let me repeat, "you can still rebase your PR if
your reviewers agree" and "if absolutely necessary you can submit a new
'clean' PR".

Can we move forward here and close this thread?

It is obvious that you want the last word and that you believe your
personal needs and opinions trump that of the groups. This kind of behavior
is not productive and is not gaining you any allies. You should seriously
think deeply about this and think about changing your behavior.

Jason
moorepants.info
+01 530-601-9791

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sympy/CAP7f1AgpBgxsG74Y_JhwW88xvBEMqRSBVxML19FGZJeL1Pce2g%40mail.gmail.com.