On Friday, 11 March 2016 13:21:10 UTC+1, Aman Deep wrote:

> If I am able to convert the latex expression to MathML.
> Will it be easier to parse MathML to sympy expression?

Mathquill appears to have other export formats and exporting SymPy
compatible strings is marked as an issue on their tracker.

Anyway, I would try to see which Javascript data structure they use to
store the expression tree.

If you can access the expression tree from Python, you won't need any
parser at all, just a depth-first search visit to the expression tree.

I'm not familiar with IPython widgets, but there has to be a way to access
the widget's DOM or Javascript variables.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sympy/43ba36e2-a557-461d-a976-0e0bf60a8060%40googlegroups.com.