solveset should only be for solving equations algebraically. Actually
solving an ODE or PDE should be left to dsolve and pdsolve. The way
this is handled in solve is that something like solve(f(x).diff(x) -
f(x), f(x).diff(x)) gives [f(x)], in other words, f(x) and
f(x).diff(x) are considered to be independent of one another.

Aaron Meurer

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sympy/CAKgW%3D6KnnbU7SczikFXaGnbqRXtbsbo7u6sb%3Dp6RDPhuPqVaQw%40mail.gmail.com.