I would be careful doing things like log(x*y) => log(x) + log(y).
Without the proper assumptions on x and y, the expansion can be wrong,
which means it could lead to a wrong answer from the integrator. In
the example you give, the expansion will happen if a has the correct
assumptions:

>>> a = symbols('a', positive=True)
>>> b, x = symbols('b x')
>>> expand_log(log(a*b*x))
log(a) + log(b*x)

Also, you don't have a timeline yet (I guess you know this).

Aaron Meurer

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sympy/CAKgW%3D6Lyu3jsh-ro%2BUsZ_JcggQpE3vDMerWx5sNRe9iHp3phbA%40mail.gmail.com.