Hi All,

A couple of months ago I volunteered to help out as maintainer for
sympy-live, but I haven't had any progress since then except to fix minor
bugs.

Currently the sympy-live application (and code examples in docs) are backed
by google app engine (GAE) application that runs an outdated version of
sympy (1.0). I believe sympy 1.1 requires a newer version of numpy than
what is available out-of-the-box on GAE. The simplest upgrade path would
require somehow installing a custom version of numpy (in lib/), but there
was expressed interest
<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/sympy/LzJJWnaEPPI> in updating the
sympy-live architecture to something more flexible like docker containers.

I created a doc to discuss possible new architectures for the sympy-live.
Please provide feedback and ideas:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vn0SZTdDQl0DOLzu3ITzv2edODBUEGXa7X7laqu8mpA/edit?usp=sharing

I'm available to push on this project in my spare time and looking forward
to trying to prototype the approach that is chosen by the community.

Ivan

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sympy/2ef4bfee-bbd2-469e-812b-1c8182efe9a5%40googlegroups.com.