I have gone through the current continuum mechanics package and I think the
following can be implemented in this summer.

1. Improve the beam module so that it can solve for indeterminate beams.
2. Implement plotting of shear_force, bending_moment, slope and deflection.
3. Implement CrossSection class that can calculate second moment using the
given cross-section.
4. Implement a JointBeam class that can join multiple beams and then the
entire system can be solved.
5. Implement a function that gives the stress and strain at any given
location (in 2D).
6. Implement a 3DBeam class that can solve a beam in 3D and can give the
stress and strain any arbitrary point.

I will start working on the formal proposal from Monday.
Jason it will be great if you can suggest some other features that I have
missed.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sympy/67bd6cfd-eeaa-4463-adbf-3def6b427ac9%40googlegroups.com.