Improving Units

Idea

I personally use SymPy for engineering and a great way to check myself for
mistakes is checking that the units for my equations are consistent and
compatible. I think that SymPy could greatly benefit from having a more
robust unit system built-in especially when it comes to usage in
engineering, science, and physics.

Status

The only discussion I saw in the past few years is
https://github.com/sympy/sympy/wiki/Unit-systems which has some good
historical links as well but it looks like this topic hasn't actually been
worked on in about 5 years.

Involved Software

It may be best to use an external library for the quantities that are
already tested for the lower level part of the code and implement their
values with SymPy.

Difficulty

Medium Python Difficulty

Prerequisite Knowledge