Hi all,

Over the past couple of months I have lost count of the number of
times that I have been emailed off-list by people interested in
applying for GSOC with sympy this year.

It's excellent that so many people are interested but I have not
replied to *any* off-list emails and I don't intend to. This is
because I don't want to give private help to any particular applicant
at the expense of others. Anyone who wants to publicly discuss ideas
or post their proposal and ask for feedback is welcome to do so. I am
happy to give guidance or provide feedback in an open forum where
everyone can see what I have to say. If I don't respond then please
understand that that is because my time is limited and many of the
proposals are for projects that I would not be able to mentor.

Is there any guidance around off-list communication with GSOC
applicants on the wiki?

Oscar