If you also plan to help out with Fortran, since you'll be improving the
previous parsers, I think it'll be better to work on the C and Fortran
parser together during the initial period.

I'll suggest something like Week 1-6 or the C and Fortran Parser  and Week
7-11 on the Java Parser along with the tests and stuff, and keeping week 12
as a buffer.
That's my rough estimate. You can tune it as per your comfort.

Also, don't worry about learning Fortran, If you know C, you'll be able to
learn it easily during the community bonding period. I did too :)
And you can ping us if you need any help regarding that.

As for the C parser backend, I'd suggest we stick to Clang for now. It's
definitely better than pycparser. I'm looking into what can be done for the
bindings.

Regards,
Nikhil Maan