Zassenhaus' algorithm has been taken from the book of von zur Gathen and
Gerhard (Algorithm 15.19). The bound B
is there given explicitly in a form that is equivalent to the one in
dup_zz_zassenhaus ("the old bound"). It seems that it is necessary for the
validity of the algorithm. There are better bounds for estimating the size
of the roots but they are not suitable for Zassenhaus' algorithm.

Kalevi Suominen