If I am reading them correctly, the GSoD instructions specify that the
project description should be included entirely in the Google Form
https://developers.google.com/season-of-docs/docs/tech-writer-application-hints

> Don't supply a link to your project description. The description should
> include all the definitive details of your project. The open source
> organization must be able to make a selection based on the content of the
> application form rather than on content held elsewhere. If you need to link
> to other content that supplements the description, that's OK, but be aware
> that only the content of the application form is used for project selection.

So you should make sure that your proposal can be inserted into the Google form.

Aaron Meurer