I have written up the organization application for Google Season of
Docs here
https://github.com/sympy/sympy/wiki/GSoD-2021-Organization-Application.
I have based it on the idea for improving the organization of
documentation. The application template is here
https://developers.google.com/season-of-docs/docs/org-proposal-template.
If anyone has any suggestions for it, let me know. Also if you are a
technical writer interested in working with us on this project, please
feel free to reach out.

If you are interested in helping to mentor Google Season of Docs,
please let me know.

Reminder that Google Season of Docs works a little differently this
year. In previous works, it worked a lot like Google Summer of Code,
but this year, it is more like a grant program. We apply to Google for
the project we want to do (in this case, documentation organization),
and if Google accepts the project, they give us the money, which we
then use to hire a technical writer. See
https://developers.google.com/season-of-docs/docs/admin-guide.

One thing I am still a little unsure about is the budget. I don't
think we need to budget anything other than the technical writer. As
far as the amount to budget for the technical writer, the Google
administrators have recommended using the Write the Docs salary survey
as a guide (https://www.writethedocs.org/surveys/salary-survey/2019/).
The budget should be between $5,000 and $10,000.

The deadline to submit is March 26.

Aaron Meurer