Hi Nijso,

Thanks for linking the report!  I'll check it out. I figured out the errors
in the code. For now, it seems to be working on some examples given in
Fritz's book and Kovacic's paper. The code is here - Rational Riccati Solver
<https://gist.github.com/naveensaigit/e659941b83b52e6b78395f9bd8cbd723>.
Let me know what you think of it. I'll test some of the other ODEs
meanwhile.

> Also, try splitting the solver into a number of independent functions,
like a function to determine poles, checking if a pole is really a pole,
etc.
Sure, I'll do that.

Naveen
On Sunday, March 28, 2021 at 8:55:52 PM UTC+5:30 nijso.be...@gmail.com
wrote:

> Hi Naveen, have a look at this report from the RISC group,where they list
> the algebraic solutions of the kamke ODEs. Check if there are cases that
> fall under case 1, or you can construct a solution yourself. Take the
> solution y(x) that belongs to case 1, select a couple of poles construct a
> solution and write it as a Riccati ode.
>

> https://www3.risc.jku.at/publications/download/risc_5197/RISCReport15-19.pdf
>
> Also, try splitting the solver into a number of independent functions,
> like a function to determine poles, checking if a pole is really a pole,
> etc.
>
> Best,
> Nijso
>

> On Saturday, 27 March 2021 at 15:16:26 UTC+1 naveensai...@gmail.com wrote:
>
>> Hi Nijso,
>>
>> Are there any examples which walk through the entire algorithm? If so,
>> could you please link them here? I've written a pretty basic function which
>> should work for Case 1, but it doesn't. I could include the code for it too
>> if required.
>>
>> Naveen
>> On Thursday, March 25, 2021 at 10:36:37 AM UTC+5:30 Naveen Saisreenivas
>> Thota wrote:
>>
>>> I checked some examples of laurent series expansion and the series
>>> function seems to give correct results. Some examples I tested where from -
>>>
>>> 1. http://courses.washington.edu/ph227814/228/W14/notes/Laurent.nb.pdf
>>> 2.
>>> https://piazza.com/class_profile/get_resource/iw9kxycftxk6su/iy5oz4r144i6rr
>>> 3.