On Mon, 29 Mar 2021 at 08:13, Naveen Saisreenivas Thota
<naveensaisreeni...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Now that a basic Riccati Solver is done, it wouldn't take more than a week or
> two to merge it in the codebase. I'd like to know what all we plan on doing
> as a GSoC project as that would help me prepare the proposal. Like, is
> Kovacic's algorithm more of a priority or should Computation of All Rational
> Solutionsof First-Order Algebraic ODEs be implemented? Ofcourse, if time
> permits, I would like to implement both.

I think you underestimate how much work is involved in really making
the implementation robust and complete. Note that it's much better to
have a well-tested, complete, efficient implementation of a single
algorithm with nicely organised and documented code than it is to have
multiple half-implemented algorithms. As Nijso emphasised earlier the
most important thing first is to establish a systematic test base. We
should get the Kamke examples in and you should verify that this does
find all the rational function solutions for all of the Ricatti ODEs.

If it's possible to implement the other method as well then that's
great but quality is better than quantity here.

Oscar