Thank you for your mail Sir Oscar Benjamin,
As a new contributor I was having difficulty after making a pull request
authors check failed but then after observing the details I have done these
things

--> Before editing .mailmap, I run the command bin/mailmap_update.py
--> then made entry to .mailmap as
Name <global git email>
--> then re-run bin/mailmap_update.py
-->  run bin/authors_update.py
--> git commit -am 'Update .mailmap/AUTHORS. Welcome to Sympy!'

Are these things correct?
And will that check pass afterwards or I will have to make the pull request
again?