On Sun, 30 Jan 2022 at 15:26, 36 AI Kuldeep Borkar
<kuldeepborkarjr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you for your mail Sir Oscar Benjamin,
> As a new contributor I was having difficulty after making a pull request
> authors check failed but then after observing the details I have done these
> things
>
> --> Before editing .mailmap, I run the command bin/mailmap_update.py
> --> then made entry to .mailmap as
> Name <global git email>
> --> then re-run bin/mailmap_update.py
> -->  run bin/authors_update.py
> --> git commit -am 'Update .mailmap/AUTHORS. Welcome to Sympy!'
>
> Are these things correct?
> And will that check pass afterwards or I will have to make the pull request
> again?

No, you should be using mailmap_check.py as described here:
https://github.com/sympy/sympy/wiki/Development-workflow#add-your-name-and-email-address-to-the-mailmap-file

Don't use the mailmap_update.py script: that's the old script that
shouldn't be used any more.

It should be fine to push the changes to your PR. What is potentially
a problem is if your PR was created before the mailmap_check.py script
was added. In that case you'll need to merge or rebase with master
first.

--
Oscar