Rajeev,

I have done a little work with the sympy print/rendering package.
Unfortunately, this looks like something that needs to adapt those
mechanisms. Initially, I would suggest a specialized wrapper that
determines the proper powers and then sends an adapted expression to the
pretty_print package. Depending on how the vector printing works you may
have to send strings not specialized symbols. I am not sure the
pretty_print code itself could be adapted to what you want and still be
compatible with everything else.

Jonathan