On Thu, 11 May 2023 at 19:46, David Bailey <d...@dbailey.co.uk> wrote:

> Many thanks Oscar for this release!
>
> Since it has been some time since 1.11 (or indeed 1.12rc1) was released,
> I guess there were some deep and messy problems to be resolved!
>
> It installed for me and runs my code.
>
> Should we expect a more normal gap between releases now that whatever
> the problem was has been fixed?

It's really just a question of finding time. The final step that I did
yesterday does not take very long and I could have done it weeks ago.
I don't want to do it at any time when I am generally quite busy with
other things though because I don't know if the release might flag up
significant problems that require a lot of followup work.

The tricky part of the process is really fixing all of the release
blockers in the lead up to the release candidate. That part could be
easier if more people help out with fixing regressions when they get
reported (so they don't get left unfixed until release time).

--
Oscar