Hi Oscar,

That is very sad to hear. I did not know Kalevi other than through SymPy
but it looks like he was an Emeritus mathematics professor from the
University of Helsinki. This page shows a photo of him:

https://wiki.helsinki.fi/xwiki/bin/view/mathstatHenkilokunta/Henkil%C3%B6t/Suominen%2C%20Kalevi/

His contributions to SymPy will live on. I believe he mentored GSoC
students. If anyone knows more about Kalevi and can share, that would be
much appreciated.

Sincerely,

Jason
moorepants.info