On Tue, 4 Jun 2024 at 21:10, Oscar Benjamin <oscar.j.benja...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Personally I am in favour of going with SPEC 0 in coordination with
> the rest of the scientific Python ecosystem. I don't want to cause any
> immediate problems for Sage though so I would be reluctant to make a
> last minute decision to drop two Python versions right now for 1.13.

I followed this up on the Sage mailing list:
https://groups.google.com/g/sage-devel/c/0BPkiiWYrIU/m/9c2asTEaEwAJ?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer

That suggests that Sage has no need for SymPy 1.13 to support Python
3.8 which would have been dropped 18 months ago if following SPEC 0.
It also suggests that after 1.13 is released it would be fine from
Sage's perspective for SymPy to drop support for both 3.8 and 3.9 but
perhaps not drop 3.10 according to the SPEC 0 schedule (which would be
in a few months time so SymPy 1.14).

--
Oscar