Hi all,
I just got an hint on the existence of SynaSer. Unfortunately there is
only little documentation.

I could successfully write to a serial display with testser.
(By the way, I got:
$> ./testser
An unhandled exception occurred at $000000000042FD59 :
ESynaSerError : Communication error 9997: Timeout during operation
  $000000000042FD59
  $000000000042D99B
  $000000000042DC83
  $000000000042E03F
  $000000000042F6BF
  $000000000040D752

)
But this error codes aren't the problem, because for writing I use
standard open, assign, write functions... . _Reading_ is the problem!

Let me explain the problem in short, perhaps you could give me some
hints on the documentation:
On Linux I want to read from a measuring instrument, which is connected
via /dev/ttyS1 (9600 8N1, only RxD used). It sends each second a string
of roughly 16 Ascii-characters. This string should be stored in a
variable to process it. Can Synaser help me? (I use Free Pascal 2.2 for
x86-64 on Suse 10.3).
Thanks for answering!
Richard
--
Richard Müller - Am Spring 9 - D-58802 Balve-Eisborn
Ökologische Station in der JH Sorpesee