On 02/08/2014 05:10 AM, Jeremy Coulter wrote:
> HI all.
>
> Here is my scenario.
>
> I connect to a server as a client using a TTCPBlockSocket. Once I am
> connected I send it a command (plain text) to initiate the login.
>
> Once I am logged into the waiting service on the server, I receive data from
> the server at intermittent intervals. It is once again just plain text data.
>
> At the same time, I also need to be able to send commands to tell the
> service to do something.
>
> In a nut shell, I need something that's once connected, sits in a loop
> listing for data, passes that data to an event so I can decided if I need to
> act on the data receive, and if so, I need to send a command.
>

> I am not sure how I would go about doing this. I am guessing I would need a
> thread for the listening? Any help appreciated
>

> Thanks Jeremy

It seems you have a good understanding of your options.  A thread would
normally be the way I'd do what you are suggesting.  But I've used a
timer and done polling with slower data.  How fast is your data?

This project just does polling (at this time) but I may add a custom
option with threading:
   www.CtrlTerm.com