Hi Richard (and Nick),

Wildcard cert worked perfectly after importing my CA cert into Android. (Maybe worth noting that it's successful over both LAN and WAN, which in my case equals different IPs for the same host. Due to the vhost setup it was already multiple hostnames per IP.)

Thanks again!
Robin Bankhead

Quoting Richard Newman <rnew...@mozilla.com>:

I can try making a wildcard cert, but if SNI isn't accepted, will that be?

I know of no reason why a wildcard cert wouldn't work.

What is the SNI issue about anyway?  I do seem to recall reading a doc or
bug that dealt with this, but I can't put my hand to it now.

The version of HttpClient that we use — and, last I checked, other
versions! — don't support SNI, and we haven't worked around it.

The setup that we target is one hostname per IP, valid cert (wildcard or
not) for that hostname.