Probably not that relevant to Alex's experiments, but still might be worth knowing about.

Mark

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject:        RFC: Adding experiment annotations to Telemetry
Date:   Mon, 13 Mar 2017 10:44:04 +0100
From:   Georg Fritzsche <gfritzs...@mozilla.com>
To:     FHR-dev <fhr-...@mozilla.org>

Currently we annotate in Telemetry in various ways whether a client participates in an experiment or is part of a special cohort; using a few different fields in the environment data or inferring it from active addon names.

Motivated by the ongoing Shield experiment work for Quantum, we want to add a standard way to annotate any experiment a Firefox client is participating in by:
- adding a common data field in the environment
- adding an API to add experiment annotations to it

For details and comment, see this document <https://docs.google.com/document/d/11kDCK9W6KaPiS_pGcJc8mogc4imSO_ufkn6tJBGUEoM/>.

Georg