Hi All,

As an extension to the ping-driven news pages I rolled out last week,
I am now ready to preview the ping-driven podcast page on Syndic8:

    http://www.syndic8.com/cast

A podcast is an RSS feed which contains additional data describing one
or more enclosures. The enclosures are typically big hunks of binary data
such as a WAV or MP3 file, or even a video clip. Its a whole new way
to create and share information, and you will be hearing a lot more about
it from me and from lots of other places.

There are some applications out there which will read the enclosures from
a feed and upload it to your iPod or other music device in the background.
I've only had the time to actually listen to 1 or 2 podcasts, but the 
concept
is very cool, and I'd encourage you to give it a whirl.

The page above is still under construction; in particular I am still working
with the pixel artist to create additional icons for the various file 
types. Yes,
I have retained a genuine artist, and we will be working together to make
Syndic8 look a whole lot better.

I know that I still need to explain the overall concept of a ping, and I 
will
get to that someday soon.

Enjoy,

Jeff;

-- 
* RSS Feeds:       http://www.syndic8.com                    
* Blog:            http://www.syndic8.com/~jeff/blog/
* Web Services:    http://aws.typepad.com
* Resume:          http://www.syndic8.com/~jeff/resume.html




------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Has someone you know been affected by illness or disease?
Network for Good is THE place to support health awareness efforts!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Rcy2bD/UOnJAA/cosFAA/IRislB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

If you're getting "too much mail" then send a message to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
(this will tell it to stop sending you mail)

To change your membership use THIS WEB PAGE: 
http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/syndic8/join
(here you can set your mail to digest, no mail or LEAVE the list)

To find more info about Syndicated XML newsfeeds visit http://www.syndic8.com/ 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/syndic8/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 



Reply via email to