As part of my checking for duplicates (see below), I found that one 
of the feeds I approved, 176067, is a duplicate of feed 245528.  
(The site URLs are identical; the feed URLs differ only in that one 
contains 'www.')  Please could an editor take the appropriate action.

Similarly, feed 138558 is a duplicate of 211987.  The feed URLs 
differ -- one is RSS, the other atom -- but the data is the same.  
In this case, should both feeds be retained?

Nick

PS  While checking, I also noticed two other duplicates: (10926, 
15238) and (36118, 88782).


--- In [email protected], [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> 
> --- In [email protected], [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > 
> > 
> > The Reviewer's Guidelines state: "Set the feed's status to 
> Duplicate 
> > if the feed is already in Syndic8, and leave a note pointing to 
> the 
> > original Feed ID."
> > 
> > What is the best/approved way to check for duplicates?  Is it to 
> do 
> > a search for the feed -- i.e., check for duplicate URL rather 
than 
> > duplicate content?
> > 
> > Nick
> 
> Searching this list, I see Bill Kearney replied to a similar 
> question in message 3870.  If the process has changed since then, 
> please post an update.  Now I have to go back and duplicate check 
> all the feeds I've approved!
> 
> Nick





------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
In low income neighborhoods, 84% do not own computers.
At Network for Good, help bridge the Digital Divide!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/EpW3eD/3MnJAA/cosFAA/IRislB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

If you're getting "too much mail" then send a message to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
(this will tell it to stop sending you mail)

To change your membership use THIS WEB PAGE: 
http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/syndic8/join
(here you can set your mail to digest, no mail or LEAVE the list)

To find more info about Syndicated XML newsfeeds visit http://www.syndic8.com/ 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/syndic8/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 



Reply via email to